Thursday, January 23, 2014

More E-Book News...and Also, Take the Ph.D Debt Survey!

Hey friends!

I promise...now that this e-book craziness is all but over for me, I will get back to updating this blog more regularly. I have missed writing here!! And with postacademia and problems of academic labor blowing up all over the internet and the blogosphere, there are certainly a lot of topics I could discuss!

But, today I have two quick things to tell you about.

First ... for those of you who have e-book devices other than a Kindle, our book ("Moving On: Essays on the Aftermath of Leaving Academia") is now available for purchase in EPUB format on Kobo.com. Here's the link.



Again, the book is value-priced at $2.99, and all proceeds will go toward the maintenance of the HTLA site. (Including the forums, which we are still working on!)

As before ... we kindly ask you to leave reviews of the book on either site or on your blog, and to tell your friends about our book if you think they would benefit from it!

In news not related to me or my blog..............



If you haven't already done so, please check out Karen Kelsky's Ph.D. Debt Project, and take her survey. I am THRILLED to see someone with Karen's platform paying attention to the very real - though often ignored - problem of debt during graduate school. As I've mentioned on this blog in several places, being "fully funded" doesn't necessarily mean that you can make ends meet. It's long past time for critics of academia and postacademics to pay attention to this very real problem, and I'm hopeful that Karen's project can get the conversation going.

I hope you're all having a great (and warm!) January, and I promise to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment